Thursday, September 8, 2016

Consciousness Minor Clarity

I’ve been pretty focused on understanding how the consciousness works for a pretty long time now. I suppose it’s been almost 7 years since I became interested in the nature of the development of the consciousness. My definition of consciousness is about trying to understand how the frontal lobe arrives at our conscious perception holistically. But I’ve come to realize the majority of the work that arrives in the consciousness is predetermined based on our mental state. Thus how we emotionally deal with the environment based on our perception is what arrives to our conscious mind. So far in my life, I’ve been defining the unconscious, everything that isn’t in our conscious thoughts, as this big hidden mechanism. Although, that’s true, our unconsciousness needs to be divided into greater depth, at least for my sake.

Thus instead of just talking about the conscious and the unconscious, I want to discuss how the conscious mind evaluates the complexity of the unconscious. Since we are meant to only really truly know around 150 people, based on Dunbar’s Number, I want to start discussing how our tribe influenced the evolution of our conscious mind. I think it’s only recently, through the internet, that human society as a whole have become so accustomed to abundant knowledge. Before this, people generally weren’t meant to be thinking consciously for a long time. I can kind of see how the people who have discovered the most about our reality are the people who were the most conscious. Thus people who can see reality with abundant clarity are the people who can be conscious for a very long period of time. These are the people that break way from the habits of regular life. This means the people who are consciously deciding their fate with conscious action are making the most impact within our reality.

It’s interesting to realize that the world is filled with never-ending patterns. I know this is very vague, but I think it’s interesting to realize that more fact based knowledge doesn’t necessarily equate to more influence. I think human beings have grown to deal with the unpredictability of the world. Thus instant reactions are more useful than conscious slow thinking. People who are clear about what they want to do have more influence. Which pretty much means the confident person rather that the contemplative person will have more influence. But this happens because, generally, the confident person has a greater belief system than the person who slowly responds from contemplation. However, I think, when the contemplative person truly believes in their ability, they can become confident and will thus have more influence.

At what point does contemplation evolve? That’s a question that I’m kind of working on. I suppose when one can be in the present moment without having to rationalize future scenarios is the moment that a person begins to have greater control. The ability of a curious mind that’s in the present moment will have the greatest influence. Being able to respond to another person without hesitation is a great trait in my opinion. I think this trait, when one is truly curious about another person, is what can have the greatest influence to our evolution of consciousness. When the “ego,” the part that Freud describes as the self-centered part of our brain, lets go of its control over the conscious mind, this is when the consciousness can evolve to another level.

I think all people are same to an extent. Which pretty much means that people generally have similar pathways in the brain. There’s a pathway that reacts with fight or flight, the part of our unconscious mind that is based on our heart’s awareness of our environment. The person who generalizes danger the fastest probably has the best chance of fighting or running away. The categorization of reality is super important to survival. If one can’t categorize, choosing will take too much conscious effort. However, conscious realization of our environment can help an individual understand more of our reality. And with that, I’ll conclude for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment